Approximately 54 million Americans are living with a disability.
April 2011 Disability Employment Statistics Released
In April 2011, the percentage of people with disabilities in the labor force was 20.1. By comparison, the percentage of persons with no disability in the labor force was 69.5.
The unemployment rate for those with disabilities was 14.5 percent, compared with 8.5 percent for persons with no disability, not seasonally adjusted.
Features of Our Ability
- Video production
- Mentoring for People with Disabilities within/outside your organization
- Links to your resources
- Job postings
- Blogging about your organization
Benefits – Ways to identify value moving forward
It will be important for Our Ability’s success to be able to show the value for the dollar sponsored. Our goal is to have an annual agreement (or multi-year) with all of our organizations and to do this we will need to show value. Here are some thoughts that you can tangibly identify value for the dollar invested.
- Views – over 2,500 Views in first three weeks
- 25 Resumes without solicitation that can be turned over to businesses
- Mentoring – Our Ability is creating avenues of mentoring between People with Disabilities within as well as outside your organization.
- Click through’ s – You will know how many people click through from Our Ability as we grow.
- Blogging - You will have the ability to be a guest blogger on OA throughout the calendar year to discuss hiring or services and products for people with disabilities.
- Videos - of the videos we produce, you will be able to track the number of people that have viewed these videos on our website. Plus, you’ll have the ability to use the videos on your website if you choose.